article thumbnail

GM and Pilot Company to build out coast-to-coast EV fast charging network powered by EVgo eXtend

Green Car Congress

To accelerate the widespread adoption of EVs, increase access to charging and help enable long-distance electric travel of people and vehicles across the US, GM and Pilot Company (Pilot and Flying J) are collaborating on a national DC fast charging network that will be installed, operated and maintained by EVgo through its eXtend offering.

GM 259
article thumbnail

Tesla is under federal investigation over company resources being used to build Elon Musk a house

Electrek

Tesla is now under federal investigation by the DOJ over potentially using company resources to build a mansion for Elon Musk. more… The post Tesla is under federal investigation over company resources being used to build Elon Musk a house appeared first on Electrek.

Building 145
article thumbnail

Hyundai Motor Company to build automotive plant in Saudi Arabia

Electric Cars Report

The Saudi sovereign wealth fund PIF (Public Investment Fund) and Hyundai Motor Company have announced the signing of a joint venture agreement to establish a highly automated vehicle manufacturing plant in Saudi Arabia. PIF will hold a 70% stake in the new joint venture with Hyundai holding the remaining 30%.

article thumbnail

ProLogium to build €5.2B gigafactory for solid-state batteries in France

Green Car Congress

Solid-state batteries can also reduce the time for EV recharge to a level similar to the time it takes to refuel an ICE car, the company said. From recovery to reuse, the entire recycling process will help build up a sustainable circular economy for the local battery industry.

France 540
article thumbnail

Hyundai Motor Group starts building lunar exploration rover development model

Green Car Congress

Hyundai Motor Group (the Group) has started building an initial development model of a lunar exploration mobility rover in tandem with aerospace partners. Following discussions with the various stakeholders, the Group decided the direction for the initial lunar exploration mobility development model.

Hyundai 435
article thumbnail

These companies will build a floating wind turbine out of aluminum

Electrek

Aluminum and energy giant Hydro and floating wind specialist World Wide Wind will build an offshore floating wind turbine out of aluminum. The post These companies will build a floating wind turbine out of aluminum appeared first on Electrek.

Wind 138
article thumbnail

The Metals Company and Low Carbon Royalties form strategic partnership

Green Car Congress

Deepsea mining company TMC The Metals Company ( earlier post ) announced a strategic partnership with Low Carbon Royalties Inc. This transaction also offers TMC shareholders exposure to a royalty company that I am confident under Brian’s leadership will become a market leader.

Carbon 352