article thumbnail

34 states produced a total of 1.9 billion gallons of biodiesel in 2018

Green Car Congress

billion gallons of biodiesel was produced in the United States in 2018 with production in 34 states, according to data from the US Energy Information Administration (EIA). Note: Montana produced less than 0.005 million gallons in 2018. A total of 1.9

2018 397
article thumbnail

US EIA: Iowa produced more than one-quarter of all US-produced fuel ethanol in 2018

Green Car Congress

In 2018, Iowa produced 4.21 In all, twenty-five states produced fuel ethanol in 2018. Source: US Energy Information Administration, State Energy Data System (SEDS): 1960-2018, June 2020. Fuel ethanol is used as an oxygenate in gasoline and to produce E-85 fuel.

Iowa 332
article thumbnail

IEA: key oil trends 2018

Green Car Congress

in 2018 compared to 2017, reaching a record total monthly production of over 100 million tons at the beginning of the year and remaining above this for almost all of 2018, according to the IEA. Production from the United States rose to a record high in the third quarter of 2018, and increased by 17.1%

2018 220
article thumbnail

DOE: US plug-in vehicles consumed nearly 3 TWh of electricity in 2018

Green Car Congress

terawatt-hours in 2018, according to the US Department of Energy (DOE). In 2018, EV accounted for 61% of all PEV electricity consumption while PHEV accounted for the remaining 39%. In 2018, EV accounted for 61% of all PEV electricity consumption while PHEV accounted for the remaining 39%. terawatt-hours in 2016 to 2.85

2018 353
article thumbnail

ExxonMobil announces 6th oil discovery offshore Guyana with Ranger-1; Guyana may move from non-producer to regional powerhouse

Oil (..)

article thumbnail

75% of plug-in vehicles sold in the US in 2018 were made in the US

Green Car Congress

In 2018, the United States produced 75%, Japan 9%, and Germany 5%, while the remaining eight countries listed produced a combined 11%. US PEV Sales by Production Location from 2011 to 2018. Source: Argonne National Laboratory, Assessment of Light-Duty Plug-In Electric Vehicles in the United States, 2010–2018, ANL/ESD-19/2, March 2019.

Plug-in 413
article thumbnail

EPA annual inventory shows US GHG up 3.1% from 2017-2018

Green Car Congress

The 2020 edition of US Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) comprehensive annual report on nationwide greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions shows that emissions increased from 2017 to 2018 by 3.1% (after accounting for sequestration from the land sector). Source: EPA. >. The number of vehicle miles traveled (VMT) by light-duty vehicles (i.e.,

2018 243