article thumbnail

Over 4 Million Plugin Vehicles Sold Globally in 2024

CleanTechnica EVs

Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs) represent 64% of units sold so far in 2024, with the remaining 36% Plug-in Hybrid. continued] The post Over 4 Million Plugin Vehicles Sold Globally in 2024 appeared first on CleanTechnica. Global EV sales reached 1.1 million, 22% greater than the same period in 2023.

Plugin 141
article thumbnail

44% Plugin Vehicle Market Share In China — April 2024 Sales Report

CleanTechnica EVs

Plugin vehicles are all the rage in the Chinese auto market, with plugins scoring 703,000 sales (in a 1.6-million-unit Breaking down plugin sales. continued] The post 44% Plugin Vehicle Market Share In China — April 2024 Sales Report appeared first on CleanTechnica. million-unit overall market).

Plugin 138
article thumbnail

47% Of New Cars Sold In Netherlands Now Plugin Cars!

CleanTechnica EVs

Volvo EX30 #1 in April In a negative month in the overall market (down 4% to 28,432 units), April saw plugin registrations increase by 11% YoY, to 13,274 units. As a result, the Dutch plugin vehicle (PEV) market reaching 47% last month, in line with the year-to-date average. That’s mostly. appeared first on CleanTechnica.

Plugin 124
article thumbnail

Top 20 Plugin Electric Vehicles in the World — August 2021

CleanTechnica EVs

Global plugin vehicle registrations were up 114% in August 2021 compared to August 2020, scoring 516,000 units (or 7.7% That made it the plugin market’s third best month ever, and expect September to be another record month. Fully electric vehicles (BEVs) represented 71% of plugin registrations in August, slightly […].

Plugin 145
article thumbnail

43% Plugin Vehicle Market Share In China — March 2024 Sales Report

CleanTechnica EVs

Plugin vehicles are all the rage in the Chinese auto market, with plugins scoring 743,000 sales (in a 1.7-million-unit Breaking down plugin sales. continued] The post 43% Plugin Vehicle Market Share In China — March 2024 Sales Report appeared first on CleanTechnica. million-unit overall market).

Plugin 129
article thumbnail

Plugin Electric Vehicles Get 30% Share Of Auto Market In Another Record Month In China

CleanTechnica EVs

Plugin vehicles in China once again ended the year with a record month, growing by 83% year over year (YoY) in the last month of the year to a record 671,000 units. Interestingly, full electric vehicles (BEVs) had a slow month, growing just 13%, to 471,000 units. They were responsible for 70% of the plugin […]

Plugin 128
article thumbnail

Norway Plugin Electric Vehicles Take Over 80% Share In April

CleanTechnica EVs

April 2021 saw plugin electric vehicles taking 80.1% Overall auto volume was back to seasonal norms, with 13,166 vehicles registered. The recent best selling full electric vehicle, the Audi e-tron, is now close to being caught by the new Volkswagen ID.4. April’s combined plugin result […].

Plugin 145