Chevrolet launches Malibu in Uzbekistan

Green Car Congress

Chevrolet continues the global launch of the all-new Malibu midsize sedan by announcing it will go on sale in Uzbekistan starting in July, following introductions in Korea, the United States, China and Europe. The Malibu nameplate debuts in Uzbekistan and will be built for the local and neighboring markets at GM Uzbekistan, the manufacturing joint venture between General Motors and government-owned UzAvtosanoat in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.

New Chevrolet Small Car to Be Built at GM Uzbekistan Joint Venture

Green Car Congress

Representatives of General Motors Company in Korea and UzAvtoSanoat of Uzbekistan signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) in Seoul, Korea, for their GM Uzbekistan joint venture to launch the production of a new small vehicle mainly destined for emerging markets. GM Uzbekistan already manufactures and markets models such as the Chevrolet Matiz, Lacetti and Captiva. GM Uzbekistan was established in March 2008, with GM holding a 25% stake and UzAvtoSanoat the remaining 75%.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

Chevrolet sets first-half global sales record with 2.35M units; 14% growth

Green Car Congress

In addition, Chevrolet set record first-half sales in many countries, including Argentina, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, France, South Africa, and Turkey. Canada, where sales climbed 8%, and have more than doubled the pace of industry growth for the past 18 months.

2011 111

GM global sales up 7.6% in 2011 to 9.026M vehicles; China and US largest markets

Green Car Congress

global sales rose to more than 9 million vehicles in 2011, a 7.6% Sales were up in all four reporting regions—North America, South America, Europe and International Operations—as GM sold a total of 9,025,942 vehicles compared with 8,385,484 in 2010. On a corporate basis, GM’s two largest markets in 2011 were China, where GM and its joint venture partners increased sales 8.3% General Motors Global Sales Summary. China posted record sales of 595,068, up 9.5%

2012 76

GM Korea introduces Alpheon eAssist; 25% improvement in fuel economy

Green Car Congress

The new Alpheon eAssist, which will go on sale in November, offers improved fuel economy of 25% and reduced CO 2 emissions of 22% compared with the standard Alpheon model. Alpheon eAssist Click to enlarge.

2011 99

Report Finds Water Stress Rapidly Becoming Key Strategic Risk to Commerce; Impending Water/Energy Collision

Green Car Congress

Cotton is typically grown in arid regions converted to farmland; in Uzbekistan, for example, which is one of the world’s largest exporters of cotton, the extraction of water from rivers that supply the Aral Sea is a key contributor to its deterioration and desertification. Beverage manufacturers also face direct competition with local communities for affordable drinking water, and bottled water sales are beginning to decline in some developed countries because of environmental concerns.

2009 60