Remove International Remove Pakistan Remove Pollution Remove Waste

International travelers experience adverse cardiopulmonary health effects even after short stay in polluted cities

Green Car Congress

For travelers who visit cities with high levels of air pollution, even a short stay leads to breathing problems that can take at least a week from which to recove, a new study led by researchers at NYU School of Medicine finds. The study is the first of its kind, say the authors, to analyze pollution-related coughing and breathing difficulties and recovery times upon returning home, in healthy, young adults who’ve travelled internationally.

2019 256

International study identifies 14 key measures to reduce methane and black carbon emissions; reduction in projected global mean warming of ~0.5 °C by 2050

Green Car Congress

A study by an international team of researchers, led by Drew Shindell of NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) in New York City, has identified 14 measures targeting methane and black carbon (BC) emissions that could reduce projected global mean warming ~0.5°C The team considered about 400 emission control measures to reduce these pollutants by using current technology and experience. National benefits of the CH 4 plus BC measures versus the reference scenario.

2012 218

Global CO2 emissions stalled for the third year in a row

Green Car Congress

Emissions from international transport (aviation and shipping) contribute another 3% to the total global GHG emissions. Emissions are increasing in other developing countries: 6% for Indonesia and Malaysia; 9% for Pakistan and 12% for the Philippines. CH 4 is mainly generated by agricultural activities, the production of coal and gas, as well as waste treatment and disposal.

2017 150