| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | GREEN CAR REPORTS
APRIL 6, 2011 Is Obama's Goal of 1 Million Plug-In Cars By 2015 Feasible?
Since 2008, Barack Obama has consistently promoted the goal of having 1 million advanced technology vehicles on U.S. The number refers to plug-in vehicles that use grid power, stored in lithium-ion battery packs, to operate their electric traction motors. roads by 2015. Regular hybrids like the Toyota Prius don't do that.
| || |
| || || |
| || || | REVENGE OF THE ELECTRIC CAR
NOVEMBER 25, 2009 Tesla Prepping IPO
The company’s chairman Elon Musk said early last year that an IPO was a possibility in either late 2008 or 2009.. The company’s chairman Elon Musk said early last year that an IPO was a possibility in either late 2008 or 2009. in the latter half of 2008 virtually shut down the IPO market. by Reuters. Tesla Model S.
| || || || |
- Chrysler unveils new electric minivan for the US Postal Service
However, the electric drive portion of the vehicles, including the motor, electronics and A123 System lithium ion
battery pack is identical. A123Systems will manufacture Nanophosphate Lithium ion
prismatic battery cells, modules and battery packs for Chrysler LLC. Total sales worldwide in 2008
were 2 million vehicles. MORE >>
- Cleantech Blog: Smart Grids and Electric Vehicles
Solar, Wind and Biofuels Grew 53 Percent in 2008
Green Education = Environmental Religion? Early Days in the Obama
Administration An Address I'd Like to Hear Global Warming Solutions Included in Transportatio. Blog Archive ▼ 2009 (52) ▼ April (6) Waxman-Markey and REDD BlogRoll Review: Space Beams, Leaded Batteries, an. MORE >>
- GM Says Chevrolet Volt Won't 'Pay the Rent' | Autopia from Wired.com
Administration doesnt understand that. " President Obamas
auto task force doesnt see it that way. But GM says it wont get the money until the Obama
administration is satisfied the company is financially viable. One wonders if the recent headway at MIT in building lithium ion
cells using ?virus? MORE >>
CALCARS NEWS - PHEV NEWS Finally: index of our News Archive
| SUNDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2005
03/21/05: Details on Valence batteries in EnergyCS version of PRIUS+ Overview of Valence's Saphion lithium ion
cells 03/18/05: Updated version of "How and When Can I Get a PRIUS+?" We now have a complete index of the 225 news items that CalCars-News subscribers have gotten in email in the last 9.5 months. How Can I Get a PHEV? MORE >>
- Mainstream Media Jaw-Droppers: Kiplinger and Car & Driver; WSJ vs. BizWeek on Volt
BY CSABA CSERE May 2008
. The lithium
batteries needed to achieve this performance--at a reasonable price--still do not exist, but numerous firms are on the case, hoping to nab major contracts to supply the world's automakers with batteries by the millions. June 26, 2008
. Wall Street Journal, July 2, 2008
Page 11. MORE >>
- Plug-In2008 Previews: Bloomberg w/Grove; SJ Mercury News Overview CALCARS NEWS - PHEV NEWS | MONDAY, JULY 21, 2008
- Biden: Another Supporter of Plug-In Cars (and Amtrak) CALCARS NEWS - PHEV NEWS | SATURDAY, AUGUST 23, 2008
- Big-Picture Volt Coverage: Time/BizWeek/Forbes/Car+Green Sites CALCARS NEWS - PHEV NEWS | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2008
- Plug-In Cars All Over Recent Media CALCARS NEWS - PHEV NEWS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2008
- Media: Time/Bill McKibben/Edwin Black/Chris Paine/Barack Obama/Van Jones+eBay Auction CALCARS NEWS - PHEV NEWS | SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2008
- Developments on Bridge Loan to Automakers; 4 Groups Write Congress CALCARS NEWS - PHEV NEWS | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2008
- BYD PHEV On Sale/Obama/"We" Plug-In Pickup Truck CALCARS NEWS - PHEV NEWS | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2008
- U.S. Battery Makers Power Up REVENGE OF THE ELECTRIC CAR | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 23, 2008
Electric Vehicles can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.